Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - January 2nd


If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there. – Lewis Carroll

Setting goals is the first step from the invisible to the visible. - Anthony Robbins

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. - Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

WELCOME TO 2018!  I am excited a new year has arrived and I am ready to take it on with a vengeance. 

As a goal-driven individual, I will admit that I have been thinking about my 2018 goals for over a month and I am so excited to start working on them.  It took everything in me not to start reading a new book on New Year’s Eve afternoon because I wanted to accomplish my whole reading goal in 2018! 

Listening to various podcasts, news shows, etc., I learned that 92% of New Years goals fizzle by January 15th and only 3 out of every 100 individuals write their goals down.  HOWEVER, those people that take time to create, write them down AND review them are 50% more likely to achieve them than someone who does not have their goals written down (goalband.co.uk). 

DO NOT WORRY if you have not yet written down your goals because TODAY is a great day to start!  Below are three steps to help you think about, create and daily review your goals to catapult you to success:

1.       Ask yourself “What do I want December 31, 2018 to look like?” and write it down in detail.

2.       To accomplish that dream/vision, it is important to create goals to help you progress daily towards your ultimate outcome for the year.  Many successfully people create S.M.A.R.T. goals because Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Oriented goals allow the individual to know when they accomplished the goal.  Additionally, I break my goals down into the “6 F’s” (Faith, Family, Future, Finances Friends, Fitness) because these are the areas that are most important to me.   (In the resource section below are links to previous blog posts to help explain these ideas).

3.       Once you are satisfied with your 2018 goals, print them off and daily review them to remind yourself of what you are pressing towards.  I suggest typing the goals and saving them so that each year you can review your previous goals. 



Challenge: Create your 2018 Goals.

Resources




No comments:

Post a Comment