Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - July 31st


The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything. – Unknown

Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality. - Shawn Ashmore

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. - Maya Angelou

People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude. – John C. Maxwell

All’s well that begins well! – John C. Maxwell

In Today Matters: 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow's Success, John Maxwell’s third daily practice is “Today’s Attitude Gives Me Possibilities” and I have learned this year how important a good attitude is.  As I stated last week, this year has not been the year that I had expected, planned or prayed for and one of those areas is to have a significant other in my life.  It is not for trying, but the right one has not come along.  However, I am happy to say that I have 2 BOYFRIENDS…one is 69 and the other is 2.  Yes, you read that right.  My “69-year-old boyfriend” resides at the senior living center I volunteer at the 2nd Saturday of the month.  Throughout the year, I have become the only person that he allows to cut his nails and he has declared a couple times that I am his girlfriend.  For the “2-year-old boyfriend”, he goes to my church and his parents attend the same small group as I do.  He has the most adorable curly blonde-hair and blue eyes.

A couple weeks ago, I was out with a group I go to lunch with after church and I made a comment about “my boyfriends” and then went on to the next topic of discussion.  One of my female friends stopped me and said, “Terri, I think you need to explain who your “two boyfriends” are.  I know who they are because I have heard you talk about them before, but these two guys probably have not heard you talk about them.”  As I explained to the two guys who my boyfriends were, they laughed.  I have taken a lemon situation in my life and made it into lemonade.

John Wooden’s quote gives great insight into how we should live life: 

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. - John Wooden

CHALLENGE: When lemons come, create lemonade by having a good attitude about the situation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment