Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - August 7th


When life gives you lemons, you build a lemonade stand and profit. -  #bossbabe

Courage is like a muscle; it is strengthened by use. – Ruth Gordon

Fear is a reaction.  Courage is a decision. – Sir Winston Churchill

A goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot. – Joe Vitale

One day during the past year, I was NOT making lemonade with my attitude and was complaining about the lemons in my life.  As I continued to complain, I told my mother this was the worst situation I had ever dealt with.  In her motherly, loving tone, she told “No, it is not!”

Recently as I was listening to a book by John Maxwell, I heard the following quote from Eleanor Roosevelt:   

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

As I ruminated on my past experiences, I realized that I have gone through tough times and each of those tough times has continued to develop my perseverance to be able to face the next “lemon” that comes my way.  In each situation, the choice is to change a lemon into lemonade. 

It is also important to remember that the “lemon situations” of life are most likely preparing each of us for the dreams and goals we have.  Many times, I have told my mom the “lemon situation” I am dealing with is preparing me for the future.   

CHALLENGE: Learn from the lemon experiences in life and use them to prepare yourself for lemonade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment