Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - August 14th


Friendship isn’t a big thing — it’s a million little things. - Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.  - Grace Pulpit

One doesn’t know, till one is a bit at odds with the world, how much one’s friends who believe in one rather generously, mean to one. - D.H. Lawrence

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. - Attributed to Heather Pryor

My birthday celebration was wonderful!  It started when Mama Flow and I traveled to Valley Forge National Park in late July, which turned out to be my 80th activity.  Then this past Thursday, I was given a party by two adorable twins that I attend church with.  I have hung out with them a number of times to play games and we exchange hugs each Sunday at church.  They each gave me a potted plant, balloons and beautiful drawings.  AND we had a silly string fight, which was the first time I had ever done that!  On Saturday morning, I participated in my monthly volunteering (2nd Saturday Serve) and when I walked in the residents sang happy birthday and gave me flowers.  Saturday evening, I went out with a wide variety of my friends in Old Town Alexandria.  A friend of mine and I came up with various activities that incorporated everything that I love into one night including wine, seafood and chocolate.  Friends came at their convenience as I was enjoying what I love in life!

Friendships are so important in life especially when going through trying times.  Tim Cahill said it best:

A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles. - Tim Cahill



CHALLENGE: Call or send a note to a friend!



To view birthday celebration pictures, view Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Touching story; we all need good friends in our life! Great post as always! David W.

    ReplyDelete