Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - July 24th


Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.  - Thomas Carlyle

It is through accomplishment that man makes his contribution and contribution is life's greatest reward.  - John Portman

Life is an accomplishment and each moment has a meaning and you must use it. - Jeanne Moreau

Goals are the sweetest fruits of the most bitter trials of life. - Hermann J Steinherr

My birthday is less than 3 weeks away and I am happy to announce I accomplished my goal of “80 Before 40”!  No, you did not read that wrong.  On October 10, 2017, I introduced “40 Before 40” where I wanted to do 40 unique/crazy things before my birthday.  As of this past weekend, I completed my 80th activity when Mama Flow (aka my mother) and I traveled to Valley Forge in Pennsylvania to see the winter encampment (1777-1778) of the Continental Army.     

When I came up with this idea last September, my goal was to have a different perspective on my birthday since I usually dread it.  Little did I know what this year would hold and that I would need something different to focus on.  As I created this fun opportunity to go to new places and learn many things, I had a wonderful time.  Through my adventure, here are a few of the 80 things I did:
1.       Taken a White House Garden Tour

2.       Went Wine Stomping

3.       Met an Astronaut

4.       Participated in Pumpkin Chunkin

5.       Visited Fort McHenry where the Star-Spangled Banner was written

6.       Saw the Flag House where the American flag that flew over Fort McHenry was sewn

7.       Talked with Santa Claus

8.       Visited New York

9.       Explored Antietam, Harpers Ferry and Valley Forge

10.   Attended the Easter Sunrise Service at Arlington National Cemetery

If I had not come up with this goal, I would never have experienced these 80 new places and learned so much!

When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade. - Dale Carnegie


CHALLENGE: Difficult times come in life.  Choose to make lemonade and enjoy the ride!



To see pictures from all 80 of my adventures, check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/terri.flow.3

No comments:

Post a Comment