Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - January 3rd



The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. - Melody Beattie

Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass. - Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil. – James Allen

The future you see is the future you get. – Robert G Allen

January 3, 2017…we have started writing another book that had 365 blanks pages as of January 1, 2017.  What an excite thought and awesome opportunity!

Over the last week, I did my normal contemplation for the beginning of a new year.  I reviewed my lifetime dream.  From there, I spent time praying and contemplating my dreams and goals for 2017.  I revised my dream/vision board and have it sitting against the wall in my living room where I look at it every time I sit on my couch either to do work, watch television or read. 

As I was working on my “2017 Plan”, I heard a very interesting story about a kid named Steve.  When he was in sixth grade, his teacher told the class to write about what they wanted to be when they grew up.  He was not sure at first, but he saw a comedian on television and decided he wanted to be on television to make people laugh just like that individual did.  He wrote his dream and turned in his assignment.    During class one day, his teacher called him to the front of the room and asked him why he wrote what he did.  She asked him if he knew any comedians, if he knew anyone on television or anyone that had every accomplished anything like he was trying to do.  He said “no” and she said that he would never accomplish it.  He was told to rewrite the assignment with a more “reasonable” dream and then turn it in.  Steve took home his assignment and explained what happened to his parents.  His father, which had a 3rd grade education, told him not to listen to his teacher and that he could accomplish his dream if he worked hard enough.  His father told him to read his dream every morning and every night.  Steve Harvey is a stand-up comedian, has his own television show and hosts Family Feud to name just a few things he has accomplished.

As we begin 2017, DREAM BIG DREAMS, write them down and daily review them.  I can assure you that I am unsure how my dreams will happen in 2017.  However, Steve Harvey provided a great example for us and he is not the first person to DREAM BIG and then daily review them.  The Secret by Rhonda Byrne says that the law of attraction and positive thinking can create life-changing results including happiness, health and wealth.  Napoleon Hill wrote Think and Grow Rich, which has some of the same principles including Imagine, The Subconscious Mind, etc. 

For 2017, I decided I want change in certain areas of my life and have taken this to a new level.  In previous years, I wrote down my dreams and goals, put them on the wall, but did not review them daily.  Also, there were certain dreams that I am happy did not happen because I would not be living in Washington, DC now with many potential opportunities in front of me.  As I took the time to review, prayed and wrote down my goals and dreams this past week, I had fear about what if I dream these dreams, review them daily and they do not happen.  However, I also had to remind myself that the opposite may be true…I daily review my dreams and goals, have determination and resilience and they COME TRUE.  I will be one very happy TEXAS LADY!

CHALLENGE: As we begin another year, it is the opportunity to imagine, dream big dreams and write goals to accomplish those dreams.  Take time this week to imagine and DREAM BIG DREAMS!  From there, create your goals and action plans to accomplish them. 

To assist with writing your S.M.A.R.T. goals, review Terri’s Tuesday Tips from December 15 and December 22 of 2015. 


Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. Ivanka Trump said on tv that when she was growing up, her dad told her "If you're going to dream, you might as well dream big."

    ReplyDelete