Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - January 8th


Success is...knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others. ― John C. Maxwell

Now that everyone knows their purpose, it is time to start writing 2019 goals.  As I started contemplating what I wanted to accomplish this year, I started thinking about what I accomplished in 2018.  For me, my life allowed for a stretch goal that allowed me to increase my knowledge and read all of the books in my book pile that I had been wanting to read for years.  When I started writing my goals for 2019, I started thinking about how many books I wanted to read, how many podcasts I wanted to listen to and what other activities/tasks/adventures I wanted to experience. 

One day, I was scrolling through articles and I found one discussing Meghan Markle’s new years resolutions.  The article included the following statement that Markle included on her website at the beginning of 2016, which was the year she met Prince Harry:

For this new year, the only thing I aim to do is to approach life playfully. To laugh and enjoy, to keep my standards high but my level of self-acceptance higher.  My New Year’s resolution is to leave room for magic. To make my plans, and be okay if they sometimes break. To set my goals, but to be open to change.

This statement spoke to me because I want to set goals in 2019, learn as much as I possible can and be a better individual at the end of the year.  However, I also need to make sure that my life is not to structured allowing for the “magic” to happen.  Next week, I will talk about how I set my goals to focus on accomplishing my dreams and allowing for “cushion” so that magic can happen. 

CHALLENGE:  Write your 2019 goals.  Previous blog posts about setting S.M.A.R.T. goals can be found in the resources section below.

Resources
https://oneboldmove.com/8020_rule/

No comments:

Post a Comment