Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - December 5th


There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers. - Teresa of Avila

Some unanswered prayers are only because God doesn't want to do something for us. He wants to do something through us. – Bill Johnson

Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test. - Rick Warren



Last week, I provided a template for completing a personal review of 2017.  As I was writing that blog post, I reminisced back to a Tip I wrote on January 17, 2017 (https://tuesdaytipoftheweek.blogspot.com/2017/01/terris-tuesday-tip-of-week-january-17th.html), which discussed how we should have some type of memory or reminder when things occur in our lives that move us toward our dreams.  By having these reminders, it provides us encouragement to keep pressing toward our dreams.  When I wrote that blog post, I remember calling my mom and asking her what I would do if my dream was not fulfilled by that event/milestone in my life.  At that time, she said I had no idea how that dream would be fulfilled and that the concept of having reminders was beneficial.  She told me I would deal with the outcome when it happened. 

The outcome came about three weeks later when that situation fizzled.  HOWEVER, I learned a great deal from that circumstance, which agrees with this quote:

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.  You live and you learn. – Unknown

Pain and tears are never easy, but I can assure you that other opportunities have come along.  That reminder was helpful in encouraging me to keep pushing towards my dreams and goals.  

Our deepest life message often comes out of our deepest pain. – Rick Warren

CHALLENGE: Even though my dream was not fulfilled the way I thought I wanted it to be in January 2017, I learned so much from that experience. 

As you are reviewing the “disappointments” of 2017, find something good that came out of each one. 


40 Before 40 Update: I accomplished #24 over the weekend.  To view pictures of my different activities, here is the second Facebook photo album I created: https://www.facebook.com/terri.flow.3/media_set?set=a.10154855339932294.1073741853.598657293&type=3&pnref=story

No comments:

Post a Comment