Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - October 17th


Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. - Eleanor Roosevelt

A life isn’t made from one thing, one big moment, or one huge success.  It’s created moment by moment. – Melanie Shankle

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss

Ever wonder why your free time feels draining and exhausting? 

According to success.com, happiness comes from using our unique gifts and talents through engaging our mind and pursing our goals.  Oftentimes, our jobs are more fun, exciting and fulfilling than our free time because we use our unique skills and talents to accomplish goals established for us in our jobs and we are couch potatoes in our free time. 

Last week, I introduced “40 Before 40” and I said I am doing this because I wanted a different perspective going into my 40th birthday.  I also agree with the article “Why Your Free Time is so Draining” because I am one that can sit on the couch on weekends and still fell drained when Monday rolls around.  With my goal of “40 Before 40”, I am finding it to be the motivator to accomplish different activities and establish new friendships.  According to psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, this motivation is “activation energy”, which is the initial spark that triggers me to get out of my apartment on the weekends. 

Purpose provides activation energy for living. -  Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

CHALLENGE: What “activation energy” do you have or you need to create to help you enjoy your free time to feel refreshed and invigorated on Monday mornings?  

40 Before 40 Update: I accomplished #11 this past weekend by attending a Diwali celebration at a friend’s home.  The food was amazing!  To learn more about what a Diwali celebration is, go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali.



Resource:

No comments:

Post a Comment