Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - October 10th


I don’t want easy.  I want crazy. – Hunter Hayes

Get comfortable being uncomfortable. That's how you break the plateau and reach the next level.  - Chalene Johnson

Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive. – Elbert Hubbard

If you know me, you know I dread my birthday.  I dread that I am getting older because I am not where I expected to be in life.  However, my birthday in 2017 was the best birthday experience I have ever had.  Leading up to that day, I played the song “I Want Crazy” by Hunter Hayes.  It is a love song, but that was not the reason.  I just wanted to have fun the evening I went out with a friend and we definitely did! 

The day after my birthday I was talking to my aunt and I started the dread countdown to my next birthday, which will be 40! 

Recently, I was out with a friend at Opera at the Ballpark, which is where the Kennedy Center broadcast a live opera on the jumbotron at the Nationals baseball stadium.  My friend was quite surprised that I said yes to her when she invited me so as I listened to the opera I started thinking about my life.  I have very big dreams and am very goal-driven, but I decided that night I was going to do something crazy since I WANT CRAZY!  As Benjamin Franklin said:

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

No matter how much I detested getting older there is nothing I can do because it is just part of life.  So that night at the opera I came up with “40 Before 40”.  I am determined to do 40 crazy/unique things before I turn 40, which at the writing of this blog post is 304 days away.  As of right now, I have accomplished 10 of my 40 activities.  Today, I created a Facebook album that I will regularly update with pictures of the different activities I do to accomplish my “40 Before 40”.

Even though I have only accomplished 10 activities, I do agree with Neale Donald Walsch when he said:

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.



CHALLENGE: What new and crazy activities can you do before the end of 2017?


Facebook Album: https://www.facebook.com/terri.flow.3/media_set?set=a.10154744247462294.1073741851.598657293&type=3&pnref=story

No comments:

Post a Comment