Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - June 6th



We know what we are but know not what we may be. – Shakespeare

Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity. – Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Climb ev’ry mountain, Ford ev’ry stream, Follow ev’ry rainbow, ‘Til you find your dream. – Sound of Music

We grow great by dreams. – Woodrow Wilson


What did you want to be when you were a kid?

This past weekend, I facilitated an event where we discussed what we wanted to be when we were five (5) years old.  We discussed which of the characteristics we are using in our current jobs or volunteer activities.  It was interesting to listen to attendee’s state what they wanted to be and see how they have incorporated some of those characteristics and traits into their lives today.

As I was pondering the topic preparing to facilitate the event, I had flashbacks to when I was a child.  I remember creating lessons plans because I wanted to be a teacher.  I had a very creative imagination and would pretend to speak to large crowds of people.  With my parent’s typewriter, I created “checks” to be a bank teller.    

How are those “flashbacks” incorporated into my life today?  In the last seventeen (17) years, I have worked in the financial industry (check creation).  During this time, I worked as a trainer at a credit union (teacher and creation of lesson plans).  Additionally, I have been speaking at events since I found a love for public speaking in college. 

It truly amazed me to remember the dreams I had when I was younger and see how I am living those out today. 

Challenge:  What did you want to be when you were 5?  To help remember your dreams of when you were younger and help find more of your true self, here are five questions that Terri Foy includes in her YouTube video called “What were you made to do?”

  1.  What were your interests as a child? 
  2. What gets you excited? 
  3. What do others say you are so good at? 
  4. What do you talk about the most? 
  5. What is God speaking to your spirit?
Resource

The things you are passionate about are not random-they are your calling. - Fabienne Fredrickson

Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire. – St. Catherine of Sierma

Be yourself. The world worships an original. - Ingrid Bergman

No comments:

Post a Comment