Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - June 13th



Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. ― Leo Tolstoy

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. ― Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol 

It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform. ― Roy T. Bennett

As most readers of this blog will know, I moved to D.C. a little over a year ago.  I am not the most interior design savvy individual and I have done most of my decorating with the assistance of my mother by sending her pictures via text message of furniture in different locations in my apartment and different color pillows on my couch to obtain her opinion.  Throughout my time here, I have added a few things such as flowers, chairs, etc.  Over Memorial Day weekend, I got a hankerin' (great Texas word!) for change.  There were a couple bare walls and an empty space that needed something to add “atmosphere” in my living room.  I stood in my living room and imagined what I could do to change things up.  

After printing and hanging a picture in the corner, buying and hanging a new mirror in my entry way and moving a table from my bedroom to my living room, I was pleased that I had created a different “atmosphere” and removed the empty spaces I was annoyed with.

I learned that a couple simple changes can make a major difference in my living room and I believe this is also true in life.

CHALLENGE:  What changes can you make in your life to change the trajectory of a difficult problem you are dealing with or to help you accomplish your dreams and goals?

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. ― Maria Robinson

You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone. Roy T. Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment