Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - June 28th



A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. - Bruce Lee

A year from now you may wish you had started today. - Karen Lamb

Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal. - E. Joseph Cossman

If you're bored with life, if you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you don't have enough goals. - Lou Holtz

How are your 2016 goals coming along?  CONGRATULATIONS for all of those goals that you have completed or are on track to complete!

When I started writing this week’s blog post, I was going to do the normal “semi-annual goal check-in”.   However, I read a book Sunday afternoon that changed my thinking.  The book is called, “if” by Mark Batterson.  The premise of the book is to dream big and have a positive mindset.  Instead of thinking “if only”, think “WHAT IF”.

When you contemplate your goals for the rest of 2016, think about these questions:

  • IF I complete this goal, how will it help me accomplish my life’s purpose?
  • IF I complete this goal, how will it help me accomplish my dreams and vision for my life?
  • IF I do not complete this goal, what exciting adventure am I missing out on?
  • IF I complete this goal, how will I help someone else?
  • IF I complete this goal, how will I change the world?


In the book “if”, Batterson talks about how he marked off his #102 Life Goal when he kissed his wife at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.  He thinks back to how that would not have been possible if Alexandre Gustave Eiffel had not designed the 984-foot tower.   When Eiffel originally designed it, people told him the design was useless and artless.  According to yahoo.com, approximately 6.8 million people visit the Eiffel Tower each year and over a quarter of a billion people have visited it since it was built.  

Don’t give up!  Keep dreaming and imagining the impossible for your life!  Go for your goals.  Keep pushing.  Keep moving forward.  You have no idea how one of your dreams/goals could forever change history!

What if you could be anything, or anybody, you chose to be? Think about it. What would you choose to be? - Nido Qubein

You see, the what ifs are as boundless as the stars. ― Sally Gardner, Maggot Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment