Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - May 17th



To assess the quality of thoughts of people, don't listen to their words, but watch their actions. - Amit Kalantri

You can observe a lot by just watching. - Yogi Berra

Last weekend, I attended the Republican Party of Texas State Convention and I chaired the Senatorial District and Congressional District Caucuses.  After these events, I had one couple tell me they remembered the first time they attended a Senatorial District Convention and I was the Secretary.  They said I acted as if I was in charge and was respectable to everyone who participated.  A different individual came to me and said she was so impressed with my authority, strength and calm during a highly stressful time.  She was challenged to get more involved after seeing me chair the caucuses.

There were times during the caucuses that I was stressed and wanted to let my frustration flare up.  However, I paused, took a deep breath and knew I did not want to show my frustration in front of all the delegates and alternates.  A couple times I made an appropriate hand gesture to “pull” the negative thought or frustration out of my mind. This simple action did not do anything, but caused me to pause and regain my composure.  

CHALLENGE: As leaders, we must remember that we are always being watched.  Our actions are continually impacting someone else’s life even when we do not realize it.  What memory do you want people to remember you for?  

Frustrating times will come.  What can you do to help calm yourself down to not show your frustration to those watching you? 


Always wear a smile because you never know who is watching. – Gracie Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment