Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - April 3rd


What I know for sure is that when you declutter – whether it’s on your home, your head, or your heart – it is astounding what will flow into that space that will enrich you, your life, and your family. ― Peter Walsh, Lose the Clutter, Lose the Weight: The Six-Week Total-Life Slim Down

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. – William Morris

Spring cleaning…we all know that it is a popular occurrence for people when spring arrives, but why?   Different websites give different reasons such as the Jewish custom to clean homes before Passover or the Chinese that clean out their homes in anticipation of the new year.  However, the best answer may simply be that during the winter months fewer hours of sunlight trigger a release of melatonin in our brains, which causes sleepiness in humans.  Once the days start getting longer in the spring, more sunlight means less melatonin production and more productivity! 

Clutter decreases productivity and now is a great time to start cleaning out to help create more time for accomplishing dreams.  As someone that doubted this after I heard one of my motivational mentors talk about it, I challenged myself the last week of March to organize areas of my life to prepare for a fun, exciting and hopefully crazy summer!

My apartment is less than 900 square feet, but I did find many things to clean out.  For example, I had a pile of “stuff” that needed to be taken to the Salvation Army, so I accomplished that.  I had purchased a few items that I could not decide if I wanted to keep or return.  During this time, I returned the items I chose not to keep and placed the items I kept in their proper place.  A “pile” in your home can be a continual nuisance and this is a great time to get rid of it. 

Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort. Paul J. Meyer

Challenge:  Create a list of areas that need to be cleaned, list of tasks/activities that need to be accomplished and start a list of items to be purchased/returned in April.



Resources












No comments:

Post a Comment