Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - March 14th



The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear. - Brian Tracy

I just trust in God, work hard, and focus on executing. - Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

My greatest asset now is my focus. - Josh McDowell

As we are nearing the completion of the first quarter of 2017, how’s your focus?

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, focus is:
a: a center of activity, attraction, or attention, b :  a point of concentration. 

Our dreams and goals are what we should be focusing on.  However, it is very easy to get distracted by people asking us to take on new responsibilities or new opportunities may come along that may look like they would be beneficial to help us accomplish our dreams and goals.  

 Zdravko Cvijetic (also known as Z) states in The Ultimate Productivity Cheat Sheet:

Goals work like a lens of a camera. If you set the lens and focus correctly, you will be able to take a clear picture. If it is out of focus, your picture will be blurry.

                           
                   
To accomplish our dreams and goals, staying focused is an absolute necessity.  Early this year, I had situations arise where I had to decide if the request asked of me would keep me “in focus” or if taking on the new responsibility would take me “out of focus”.  

Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do. – Steve Jobs

Next week, I will describe different situations I encountered and how I handled them.    

CHALLENGE: Are you “in focus” to accomplish your dreams and goals?  Below are a few resources to read to see how successful people including Warren Buffet and Steve Jobs maintain their focus.

Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment