Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - August 16th



I'm an introspective person. I'm not an extrovert. - John Thaw

I am rarely bored alone; I am often bored in groups and crowds. - Laurie Helgoe

The introvert's anthem for not wanting to hang out is 'It's not you; it's me. - Criss Jami

You might be an introvert if you were ready to go home before you left the house.  - Criss Jami

I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel. - Audrey Hepburn

Introverts are individuals that refresh/refuel/energize by being alone and quiet.  They think before they speak, enjoy small group gatherings and one-on-one time.  For them, time alone is as restorative as sleeping and as nourishing as eating.  At work or in social situations, they like to receive agendas and meeting topics to plan and think through before attending.  They do not like unexpected surprises.      

In our busy society, it is important that we meet the needs of each other.  According to Fast Company, Introverts need:

  • To be respected for their need for privacy
  • Given advance notice of any changes that will affect their lives
  • Reprimanded privately
  • Educated privately
  • Respected for their introversion and not pushed into extroversion ways


     Famous Introverts:

  • President Abraham Lincoln
  • Rosa Parks
  • Mark Zuckerberg
  • Meg Ryan 
  • Julia Roberts
  • Bill Gates            
  • Albert Einstein
  • Mahatma Gandhi
  • Warren Buffett


CHALLENGE: Think of someone in your “Inner circle” that is an introvert.  How can you respect an introverts need for privacy and alone time to meet their needs this week?

Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment