Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - February 2nd



A goal without an action plan is a daydream. – Nathaniel Branden

Be strong and take action to achieve your dream. - Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!

Daily we are reviewing our dreams and goals because they are in a prominent place for us to view.  We are excited to see everything that is going to happen in 2016.  NOW WHAT???

A couple weekends ago, I was standing in front of my vision/dream board dreaming, praying and thinking.  As I reviewed everything, I realized that there are things that I need to do to accomplish MY DREAMS!  I cannot make my dreams come true and I have to have faith that my prayers will be answered.  However, there are certain things that I can do to make sure I am prepared when the OPPORTUNITY comes along. 

For example, let’s say someone wants to save $10,000 in 2016.  If an action plan is not created to start changing habits to save money then at the end of 2016 the goal will not be accomplished.  Or if someone has a dream to travel to Europe at the end of 2016, they should have pictures on their dream board and they should be saving money.  Additionally, they could be purchasing books on Europe or checking out books from the library (Yes, I still check out books!) or doing research online to develop their trip itinerary. 

By creating an action plan and taking steps to help ourselves, we will have a much better success rate of accomplishing our dreams and goals!

Challenge: This week, take time to think about action steps that you can do to help you accomplish your dreams this year!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle! – Abraham Lincoln

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment