Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - November 3rd



The core personal productivity habit is neatness.  Important tasks are not entrusted to messy people. – Brian Tracy

What works best for you…a messy desk or a clean desk?  Over the last couple of weeks, I have had a hectic schedule and pushing not crucial items on my task list to “later”.  There are some items that have been waiting to be completed for two (2) weeks.  Over the weekend, I realized that I have been transporting certain pieces of paper from home to the office back home and then back to the office for that full 2 weeks.  I took some time to accomplish a few of those tasks and will continue working toward accomplishing them this week.    

When I read Brian Tracy’s quote on Monday afternoon, I knew I needed that quote.  I try to be a very organized and chaos is not good for mind.  With the “crazy” 2016 political season ahead, I am going to have to get even more organized and clean up my messy area to accomplish tasks.

In the articles below, there are stories of how a messy desk can actually be beneficial for some people.  A German study revealed that chaos helps some people think clearer in life because it helped them simplify the task at hand.

What works best for you?  We are all different and created for different purposes and plans.  Find what works best for you, implement it and RUN YOUR RACE!

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign? - Albert Einstein

It's pointless to have a nice clean desk, because it means you're not doing anything. - Michio Kaku

If your desk isn't cluttered, you probably aren't doing your job. - Harold S. Geneen

I'm a neat freak... It seems to me that an orderly desk is reflective of an orderly and organized mind, you know? - Jann Wenner

Resources
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2088359/Messy-desks-office-actually-lead-employees-think-clearly-say-researchers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment