Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - November 10th



No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank: the play

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank

Being a role model is a privilege. - Allyson Felix


Last Tuesday afternoon, I had the opportunity to talk with 7th graders about leadership.  When I was first asked, I was “scared” because I do not interact with kids and was concerned I would not be able to communicate at their level.    

When I started thinking about the presentation, I was going to create a great PowerPoint presentation to discuss key aspects of leadership and incorporate the current presidential race because I knew they had discussed the debates in their class.  After many runs thinking through leadership and researching various ideas and quotes, I decided to talk about my own experiences and the actions I have taken to get where I am today.  It turned out to be a great session with interaction with the kids where I was able to discuss my story, the current political field and also brought out what they are doing in their leadership class, how they are making a difference and how they can do more in the future.

Before I left, I had one young lady ask how she could get involved in the political arena/government because that had always been her dream.  I gave her a couple ideas and told her to start now getting experience because it would benefit her in the long term.

When I left, it felt good to know that I possibly impacted the lives of our future generation. 

As we pursue our purpose and goals, it is important to remember to take time to develop the future generation and show them how they can make a difference. 

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. - Benjamin Franklin

I am proud to be a role model for my viewers. I am finding out that helping victims is as or more rewarding the all the awards I win. - Mariska Hargitay

I want to be a role model and I want to show kids that you can be strong and overcome adversity. - Paula Creamer

1 comment:

  1. Yes, absolutely! So important to mentor younger folks and share our wisdom. Likewise, it is good to earn for elder's wisdom. Thanks for sharing, Teri.

    ReplyDelete