Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - August 18th



When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it - but all that had gone before.-- Jacob Riis, Photographer and Journalist

Sunday I received the above quote in my email and it reminded me that daily we do things that we may not see the reasoning for or think that nothing is changing based on the outward appearance of life.  However, all it takes is one “suddenly” and things can change.  That “suddenly” can come in the form of an email, telephone call, text, etc.  

To make it through those trying times when you have very little motivation or strength to push forward, here is some great advice I heard from a motivational speaker.  Think to yourself, “I can make it for one more week” or “I can make it for 24 more hours”.  As I celebrated my birthday last week, I had to continually tell myself, “you can do this….you can make it another year…look at the awesome things that you have accomplished in your life”.  With encouragement and determination, I made it through and have moved on to doing other things. 

No matter what it looks like on the outside, keep pushing forward because the breakthrough is coming!


You make a mistake, you keep going. - Linda Gray
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. - Plato

If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday. - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment