Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - November 11th




“We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Faith in Community


Last week, Terri’s Tuesday Tip of the Week discussed being thankful for what we have even if we do not have all the desires of our hearts.  

This week, I want to expound on it.  Often times, we are thankful for the big things in life such as a job promotion, an awesome test score, or purchasing a new car.  However, I want to challenge you not to forget the little things in life. 

October was a CRAZY month for me with everything going on politically.  Through it all, I was reminded to be thankful for EVERY experience, EVERY meeting, and EVERY opportunity….no matter how big or small.    

Nothing I have gone through or will go through will be a waste in my life and it is preparing me for the amazing future that is destined for me.

I challenge you as we continue this month of Thanksgiving to be thankful for all aspects of your live…the big and small….good and trying times.  If we did not have these various times in our lives, life would be boring….and who wants a boring life!


“Perhaps it takes a purer faith to praise God for unrealized blessings than for those we once enjoyed or those we enjoy now.”
― A.W. Tozer

Thank You to all the men and women that have served this amazing country in our military.
Happy Veteran’s Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment