Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - September 16th



On Sunday, I was reading The Alcalde, which is the Official Publication of the Texas Exes.  As I was reading about the new University of Texas Football Coach Charlie Strong, I read this quote and thought it was a good reminder: 

“I’ve been around some really outstanding football coaches,” Strong says, “from Steve Spurrier to Lou Holtz to Urban Meyer to Bob Davie to R.C. Slocum. You can’t ever be them, you can only be yourself, but you can always draw something from what they have and use it in a way that it could be very successful.” From September 2014 The Alcalde (http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2014/09/strong/)

There are thousands of self–help books on amazon.com to give us ideas of how “to improve” or online magazine articles that can help us discover how other ladies have been successful in life.  Over the last couple of years, our society has discussed how women can “Have It All” including family, career, etc. Many books and articles have been written about it also.  

This quote spoke to me because it reminded me that I will never “be” the ladies that I am reading about.  I was created to be Terri.  I can learn what these ladies did and incorporate lessons and ideas they learned into my life, but I will still be the unique Terri Flow.  My path will be a different path from the ladies I read about because I have a unique Purpose on this earth and there are certain things I must accomplish as I complete this Journey in Life. 

As you have the unique opportunity to be on this earth for such a time as this, remember that you were put on this earth for a Purpose.  Go after it with all you heart and never try to be someone you are not.  



As a disclaimer, I may read the Official Publication of the Texas Exes, but I am still an Aggie….Gig’em!

1 comment: