Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - April 9, 2024

You can do anything, but not everything. – Jon Acuff

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. –

Seneca


I started this blog because I was leading a lady’s group at my church, and it was suggested to me that I should write a weekly blog to encourage ladies and share my wisdom. That was in July 2014. In the almost 10 years I have been writing Terri’s Tuesday Tip of the Week, I have lived in Austin, Texas, Arlington, Virginia for 5 years and now Fort Worth, Texas. There have been many life changes, some amazing and some sad. Throughout, I have shared what I learned from each event and how it moved me closer to accomplishing my dreams.

Now, I share that I have decided to end this blog after at my 500th post. My life is changing, and new doors of opportunity are opening for me that need my full attention. Over the coming weeks, I am going to highlight some of my favorite blog posts I have written over the years.

For today, the lesson is to learn when to end something. This decision has been coming for over a year. I knew I still had more to share, but I also knew the end was coming. As I continue to recover from perfectionism, ending at my 500th blog seemed fitting.

 Unfortunately, perfectionism dies slowly. It’s persistent and particularly dangerous because it masquerades as excellence. - Jon Acuff

 

ACTION: Is there something in your life that you have known for a while you need to end? This task/action may still give you joy or it may not. Other priorities may need to take the top spot in your life. What steps do you need to do to end the task/action?


No comments:

Post a Comment