Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - November 27th


ndividuals and teams have a sense of ownership, and are focused, disciplined and collaborative, while holding each other accountable for outcomes. - Di Worrall, Accountability Leadership

My experience is that accountability is an extremely powerful tool to align an organization toward its objectives. - Susan Gomez

Good men prefer to be accountable. - Michael Edwardes

Simple organizational structure and clear accountability are necessary conditions for the exercise of effective leadership. - John Adair

A friend can inspire enthusiasm as well as accountability, and that serves to challenge you. - Deanna Cosso; Romuald Andrade, Success Cloning



On January 30th, I blogged that I was going to have an accountability partner for 2018 because someone asked me if I was interested in the opportunity.  I am a pretty disciplined individual, but I thought it might be beneficial to see how the process would work and if it would help me grow.  For this year, my accountability partner and I met in-person the first time and then all other communication have been via email.  We both have busy lives and trying to find time to meet would be to hard, but emails worked great!

Wikipedia defines an accountability partner as “a person who coaches another person in terms of helping the other person keep a commitment”.  For me, having an accountability partner pushed me even harder.  I knew that I would have someone asking how I was progressing on my goals, which challenged me to work more intently on accomplishing them.  Additionally, my accountability partner was very encouraging.  As I went through different parts of the year, I would email my accountability partner and give her updates.  She would be encouraging if I seemed down or if I was not making as much progress with a goal as I had hoped.

Lesson Learned: Accountability is important for SUCCESS!

CHALLENGE: If you found having an accountability partner helpful in 2018, start thinking about who you want to be your accountability partner in 2019.




No comments:

Post a Comment