Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - September 18th


Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them. - Stacy London

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. - Louisa May Alcott

You don’t get rid of yesterday by talking about it all of the time; You get rid of its effect on you by moving forward. - Kingdom Woman by Dr. Tony Evans and Chrystal Evans Hurst

Does your past control your future?

Over the last month, I have had two opportunities of allowing past experiences dictate how I would handle current situations.  In both situations, I had the opportunity to live in fear of things that happened in the past, live in the fear of “what ifs” or take a risk to see what would happen.  Both situations are looking very good right now and I plan on continuing to push forward.

At the end of the day, worrying is like paying interest on a loan you don’t haven’t taken out yet. Don’t let it paralyze you. (themastershift.com)

When I realized I was allowing fear of things from my past affect my future actions, I did soul searching and research on the internet.  I discovered that the reason I reacted as I did was because the situations I was dealing with were triggers based on past experiences and not the situation I was currently in.  When I realized this, I was able to analyze the situation and determine how to proceed. 

Even today as I was writing this post, I had a situation that affected me.  Instead of calling someone to discuss, I took time to analyze it, processed it for a couple hours and realized why I reacted the way I did.   By learning from these situations, I am helping to overcome the past and prepare myself for my future. 

CHALLENGE:  Are there any past experiences that are controlling you and prohibiting you from accomplishing your dreams?  If so, how do you plan on handling them?



Resources


No comments:

Post a Comment