Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - February 13th


Before you eat the elephant, make sure you know what parts you want to eat. ― Todd Stocker, Refined: Turning Pain Into Purpose

Each day I will accomplish one thing on my to do list. ― Lailah Gifty Akita

I really, really want to produce. That's the top of my to-do list. - Lauren Conrad

We have to start putting ourselves on the to-do list. – Giuliana Rancic

People who want to appear clever rely on memory.  People who want to get things done make lists. – Peter McWilliams

What motivates you?  I am a click/ding addict!  In the last year, I discovered that I love to mark things off my to-do list.  At one time, I had an app on my phone that would “ding” every time I marked something off my to-do list.  I finally had to get rid of it because I liked the “ding” a little too much! 

On October 10, 2017, I introduced my crazy idea of “40 Before 40”, which is where I wanted to do 40 new things before I turn 40.  As Friday February 1, 2018, I completed my first 40 and the following day I started my next 40.   For me, I had to have the motivation to push forward to keep discovering new things. 

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, motivation is “the state or condition of being motivated or having a strong reason to act or accomplish something”. 

My motivation has been hearing a ding, checking/clicking off an activity on my task list or accomplishing a goal of doing 40 new things.  Honestly, I probably would not have taken the time to see the great history in D.C. and the surroundings areas if I had not had a purpose/goal/motivation.    

Challenge: What motivates you?  Find what motivates you and incorporate it into your life to help you accomplish your goals.   

No comments:

Post a Comment