Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - September 20th



Anger is one letter short of danger. - Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar

Nobody makes you angry; you decide to use anger as a response. – BrianTracy

A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough. - Bruce Lee
Anger doesn’t solve anything.  It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything. – Lawrence Douglas Wilder

Recently, I was reading a book and the last chapter was titled “A 100 Years from Now”.  After finishing the chapter, I thought a lot about what I am doing now and how it affects people around me and how things that I do now will affect people in a 100 years.  

During this time, I became frustrated by a few different people.  I am working on staying calm, thinking about why I am upset and thinking about different reasons why a person may be saying/acting the way they are.  The chapter title took me to another thought.  “A 100 years from now, will what frustrated me matter?”  Then I started thinking, what about a year from now, a 100 days or even a 100 seconds.  

This thought process put a whole new perspective on things for me.  Yes, there are certain things that will frustrate me and I will have to deal with people for those matters.  However, staying calm will often allow the issue to work itself out.  There are very few situations or issues that will affect us 100 days from now and especially future generations 100 years from now. 

Challenge: When you get upset or frustrated, think “Will this matter in 100 years, 100 days or even 100 seconds?”  After thinking through that, decide how you want to proceed.

I don't let anyone's insecurities, emotions, or opinions bother me. I know that if I am happy, that's all that matters to me. - Demi Lovato

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. - Greg Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment