Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - October 13th



You can't truly understand something until it happens to you. The meaning of life is discovered in the experience. -  Anurag Prakash Ray

To live is to experience things, not sit around pondering the meaning of life. - Unknown quotes

Life is defined by time and seasons. ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Embrace the season of life you are in whether it’s a season of rain or a season of sunshine.  God is using it to shape you and prepare you for the future. daughterbydesign.wordpress.com

Last week, I had the craziest sleep schedule, which caused my work schedule to be weird.  For some obnoxious reason, I woke up at 2:45am and was not able to fall back asleep.  When this happened, I grabbed my book to read for a while and then would do my daily devotional.  Sometimes, I would try to fall back asleep and other times I would do work.  Crazy as it sounds, I was able to get a lot of stuff done early in the morning.  This was also good because I was able to get into the office around 7am before anyone else showed up so it was quiet and I was able to accomplish other tasks.  When I left the office on Friday, I finished one thing I had to complete for my boss and now will be able to work on other things this week.

We all go through seasons of life.  When I was waking up so early, at first I was frustrated with myself because I wanted to be like other people that actually slept through the night.  However, I realized that I am extremely busy right now and will be for the next 6 months.  I will never have the experiences I am going through again and I need to learn from them even though they are “pruning times” that are developing me for my future and they can be difficult.  Finally, I realized that I need to take these opportunities as they come, learn, process and grow from them because they are preparation for me to fulfill my purpose in life.  

As you are going through your current season in life, do not throw it away or question why.  There will be a day when you look back and understand why and will be thankful for the process you went through to get where you are going. 

A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone. ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass

When it is time for a season to change, the imperfections of life are most visible. - Sue Detweiler, 9 Traits of a Life-Giving Mom: Replacing My Worst with Gods Best

There is a season for everything under the sun—even when we can’t see the sun. ― Jared Brock, A Year of Living Prayerfully: How a Curious Traveler Met the Pope, Walked on Coals, Danced with Rabbis, and Revived His Prayer Life


No comments:

Post a Comment