Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - June 19th


Sometimes "No" is the kindest word. - Vironika Tugaleva

“NO” is a complete sentence. It does not require an explanation to follow. You can truly answer someone’s request with a simple No. - Sharon E. Rainey, The Best Part of My Day Healing Journal

When you say no to the wrong people, it opens up the space for the right people to come in. - Joe Calloway, Magnetic: The Art of Attracting Business

Learn to say “no” to the good and the advantageous, in order to receive the best. - Sunday Adelaja

You can get a thousand no's from people, and only one "yes" from God. - Tyler Perry

NO…not always a fun word to hear, but a word that often needs to be said.  NO is a word that will often help people accomplish their dreams. 

As I have been working towards my goals, many people have made suggestions of books to read, podcasts to listen to, television shows to watch, etc.  At times, I have been overwhelmed by all of the recommendations.  Recently, I was considering a book a family member suggested to me.  Since reading is one of my favorite things to do, I rarely decline a suggestion.  However, I had a few other books I also needed to read.  Considering this book, I reviewed a few important things about what I planned for my life in 2018.  My word for the year is “history” and I determined earlier this year that I wanted to focus a majority of my learning on history.  Since the suggested book did not have anything to do with history, I told myself “NO”. 

Throughout this year, I have learned that if I lose my focus and do not stay the course of focusing on some aspect of “history” I feel I get off track for accomplishing my goals.  From these experiences, I decided that I wanted to focus on my goals and rarely stray from them.

As a side-note, I am not suggesting that an individual cannot do something in a year that is not working towards accomplishing their goals.  We all need to have fun and life does not always go as planned.  In those times, we need to be flexible.  However, to accomplish goals, I believe it is very important to stay focused and often that means saying “NO”.

CHALLENGE:  Next week will be the mid-year mark.  This is a great time to finish up any goals that have mid-year deadlines and complete any goals that are almost completed to help boost your confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment