Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - November 14th


Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. – William Arthur Ward

Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life. - Jack Canfield

A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles. – Unknown

As we are approaching Thanksgiving, I hope many people have started thinking about what they are thankful for.  Researching gratitude, I discovered that the University of California, Davis has conducted a ten (10) year study on gratitude journals.  According to Dr. Robert Emmons, people that regularly write down what they are grateful for in their gratitude journals have improved health (emotional and physical) and better relationships and communities.

2017 has not been the year I expected.  A habit I have continued is daily finding something to be thankful for.  There have been times that I write something down when it immediately happens and other times I will recap my day before I go to bed and write in my gratitude journal.  By creating a gratitude mindset, this unexpected year has had me finding the good things in life instead of looking at my current circumstances negatively.   

Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more.  If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey

CHALLENGE: For the next 45 days, finish out the year daily writing down at least one thing you are grateful for.  Once you daily start looking for one thing to be grateful for, you will discover that it becomes easier to daily find many things to be thankful for. 

To read more about gratitude journals, review the resources listed below:





No comments:

Post a Comment