Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Terri's Tuesday Tip of the Week - December 6th



You are the storyteller of your own life, and you can create your own legend or not. – Isabel Allende

Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin

If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle


Over the last couple of weeks, Terri’s Tuesday Tip of the Week has been discussing “ADVERTISING” your personal brand.  I discussed advertising your brand via social media and personal appearance.  Now, let’s talk about how to advertise your “UNIQUE” personal brand.  

I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. - Oprah Winfrey

When I moved Texas, I had no interest in politics.  I started attending a political group, was appointed to serve as a liaison for the group and started attending the State Executive Committee meetings as their liaison.  Through attending those meetings, I met someone that asked me to speak about social media to a large group of ladies and through that presentation I was asked to start speaking at campaign management schools.  

Everything I did was volunteer and I had to pay for my travel, etc.  By doing that volunteer work to help political candidates, I was learning, developing and advertising my personal brand.  Additionally, I was helping candidates learn about social media and how they needed to advertise their personal brand online. 

Building a personal brand will take a lot of hard work, cost money and take time.  HOWEVER, every seed that you plant will get you closer to your dream.  And who knows where you will end up...I never expected to be in DC!

CHALLENGE: What actions can you take to advertise your unique fingerprint in this world to help advertise your personal brand?  This may include public speaking, writing articles, mentoring, etc.  You have to determine what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment